Each year winter seems to stick around a little longer. And everyone knows that a long winter means more time inside (and more time in dark/heavy clothing). Although I love the holidays I am always happy when this time of year comes around. The weather warms up and we get to shed some layers. It’s springtime and below are my tips for getting spring ready.
- Update your wardrobe. Freshening up your wardrobe does not have to cost a lot of money. Purging your closet of items that no longer fit is a no cost way to get ready for spring. It also gives you an excuse to go shopping for a few new items. 🙂
- Switch out your skincare. Our skincare needs change as the weather gets warmer. Now is a good time to change out your heavy moisturizer for a lighter one. If you have not done so already, purchase SPF (a separate one for your face and body). Lastly, toss any expired beauty products.
- Purchase a nude or pink lipstick. Dark lips are very chic during the winter. However spring is a great time to rock pretty pinks and nudes.
- Add new home decor. I am a huge believer that your home is your sanctuary. You would be amazed at how changing out linens, throw pillows or adding fresh flowers can change your overall mood.
- Change up your hairstyle. Now is a great time to try out that new hairstyle, color, cut, etc. you’ve been coveting. I am currently obsessed with the ever so popular bob/lob. It is so chic!