Good skincare habits don’t stop because you are on vacation. To be honest, I find that I have to work extra hard to keep my skin clear while I am away. We all know what the dry, recycled airplane air can do to our skin. To make matters worse, I tend to break all of the skin care rules while vacationing. I eat terribly, stress out, don’t get enough sleep, forget sunscreen, etc.
I have really been enjoying Caudalie products since trying out their micellar water. You can read my thoughts about it here. I noticed that Sephora has a Caudalie Favorites Set and thought I would give it a try since I was going on a few trips and all of the products were travel friendly. I must say, this kit is now an essential in my travel bag. Below are my in-flight skin care essentials/routine for long flights.
- Wash hands. If not possible, I use hand sanitizer.
- Remove contacts.
- Brush teeth.
- Use Micellar Water all over face to remove makeup and grime.
- Return to seat and place sheet mask. Remove after 10-15 minutes. Rub excess product into face and neck.
- Spray face with Beauty Elixir. Warning- this product has a strong perfume scent.
- Apply Moisturizing Sorbet.
- Apply eye cream.
- Apply Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil.
- Apply hand lotion and drink water.
By this time, my seat mates are completely perplexed or annoyed. Either way, I try to smile as much as possible to help alleviate any inconveniences. Initially, I felt a little ridiculous following all of these steps however I don’t think I will stop anytime soon. I find that this routine helps me to relax while combating the airplane’s dry/germy air. When we are nearing the end of the flight, I return to the bathroom to put in contacts, check my appearance, spray perfume, and reapply lip gloss.